Please ensure, and be able to submit proof, that you meet the following minimum requirements to apply to become an Officer with the Central Saanich Police Service prior to application.
- 19+ years of age
- No criminal record
- Valid Basic First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s Licence (minimum class 5)
- Meet hearing requirement: Must have no greater loss than 30 db in both ears in the 500-3000 Hz range
- Meet vision requirement: (i) Must have unaided vision of not less than 20/40 in one eye and 20/100 in the other
(ii) Vision should be correctable with approved vision aide to a minimum 20/20 both eyes
open with no one eye poorer than 20/30;
(iii) Colour vision must pass the Ishihara test or the farnsworth D-15 test;
Note: Applicants having corrective laser surgery must wait one month post surgery before applying.
Central Saanich Police Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace.
*Central Saanich Police Service hiring information and processes may be subject to change.*